RE: Carbs

Regarding the question of 40 DCOE from a 1300 used in a 2000, I have a
copy of the Haynes Weber Carburettors book which has a table "Original
equipment jet setting list". The following is only a subset of the
information concerning Alfa Romeo jettings:

                         cc  Weber Carb.   Choke  Main
1300 GT Junior Super   1290  40 DCOE 28     28    1.12
Giulia 1600 Sprint GT  1570  40 DCOE 4      30    1.27
Alfetta 1.8            1779  40 DCOE 72/73  32    1.35
2000 GT Spider Europa  1962  40 DCOE 76/77  32    1.35

It would seem that a 32mm main venturi is the factory choice for street
use with standard cams etc. Of course the word standard might be a
little misleading here - there were different cams in different
specification 2L engines.

For further weber details....

Weber Carburettors Owners Workshop Manual
Hayes Publishing Group
ISBN 0 85696 393 3

I've also got the HPBooks Weber Carburetors book by Pat Braden. Amongst
other things there is an section on the Alfa Spica->Weber conversion.

Weber Carburetors
HPBooks
ISBN 0-89586-377-4

For general info on jetting etc, I'd recommend a look at these pages:
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/Dvandrews/webers.htm
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/Dvandrews/dellorto.htm

Regards
Lex Jenner