Carbs

With regards to the correct jetting and venturi selection for a Alfa
2000,   it might be beneficial to buy one of the Weber or Dell'Orto
tuning books available from HP Press,  or eBay,  or wherever,  as they
explain quite well  carb theory as well as venturi size selection,
jetting,  etc.

Also,  Centerline does include Weber carb specs within their current
catalog.

For myself,  I do have experience with all three carbs mentioned,
Weber,  Dell'Orto and Solex.  Most of the Solex and Dell'Orto experience
has come from three Lancia Fulvias,  of which two are now converted at
considerable expense to Dell'Ortos.  The remaining set of Solexes happen
to be working well enough not to warrant removal,  but its only a matter
of time,  as the throttle shafts will wear and the carbs would leak air
at that bushing point.  This seems not to happen with the Weber or
Dell'orto design.  Also,  its not difficult to re jet or re venturi
(such a phrase) a Dell'Orto carb,  as I have done so on both sets of
Dells for the Lancias.

With my 1750 GTV project,  I recently removed the Spica and installed
the European manifold along wtih a set of 40 mm Dells and really,  am
very pleased with the results. Dana Loomis has some excellent advice on
changing inlet studs for this conversion,  as well as other pointers.

So,  playing with venturis and jets on Dell'Ortos has been fun.  Is
Dell'Orto better than Webers,  well,  maybe just different,  perhaps
neither is really better.  Yet,  with all the positive results,  I am a
happy Dell'Orto fan.  Even to the point of wondering if it might be
*better* to replace that three pack of Webers sitting atop the Fiat Dino

Ciao,  Jay