Re: Spider Mirrors

When I  repainted my Spider (1983) I removed the back from the power mirrors
after they were off the car, and had them painted along with the body.  I
also removed the electrical and glass from the mirror frames and painted the
frames with black flexible bumper paint, which has held up pretty well for
the last 4 years.

If you press gently on the top and bottom of the rear cover after you gently
pry out the gasket ring, the back cover comes off fairly easily.  The "guts"
can be removed from the frame by unplugging the wires to the motor (label
where they connect so you'll be able to figure it out when it comes time to
put it back together!) and you can then *gently* lever the motor and glass
out of the frame.  There are tabs on the top and bottom of the motor/glass
assembly that fit into slots in the frame.  Easy does it, but they will come
out.

I have no idea how the mirrors on the Series 4 Spiders (1991 to 1994) go
together!

Hope that helps!

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta