Milano - plenum "pop off"

I have had my Milano for many years and have read of the plenum on the top
of the engine popping off due to a back-fire when first starting.  Well,
this happened to me today!  The rear of the plenum was pushed up off of the
short hoses or tubes that connect it to the engine.  I loosened the clamps,
pushed everything back down tight, and retightened and everything seems ok.
First, do I need to do anything else?  Second, anything to prevent this from
reoccurring?  I think I have read not to touch the gas pedal at all when
starting, which I do not think I do, dos this help?