Re: Stebro is a crook shop

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Karl Chen wrote:

> I have never had experience like this before.
> I don't call someone a crook until I have 100%
> proof.  But I could never be more sure than
> about this.
>
> Here is what happened.  Hope this can help
> anyone from being deceived by Stebro again.

Sorry to hear your story.  I also bought an exhaust system from Stebro for
my GTV6, and it also took quite a while to show up.  It *did* eventually
arrive, well-packed and high-quality.  I also had a very good experience
with their sales guy, who knew the product well and was very helpful. I,
too, heard "right away", followed by "real soon" when it failed to arrive.

I don't think they're crooks.  I think they're having significant problems
with fulfilment, and they need to really improve their shipping
procedures.  Some of their troubles appear to be related to their shipping
companies, and the fact that they're shipping big, awkwardly shaped
things.  They need to start saying "it may take 5-6 weeks to get to you",
rather than "we'll ship that off tomorrow".

Be patient.  It will show up, and when it does, you'll be very happy with
it.  They make excellent products.  They just can't seem to get them to
their customers in a timely fashion.  Buying from them certainly tried my
patience, but I'm happy I did.

james montebello