Re: Alfetta GT Tire Size Survey

I am curious to have some tire size suggestions for my
Alfetta GT. My car has 15 by 7 Ronal wheels. The tires
on rear are 215/60 s and rub the fender lip as the car
starts out. I am going to get new tires soon, so what
size tires and wheels are people using on their
alfetta gt's or I guess GTV6's

John,

According to this handy-dandy internet tire size calculator:

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/tire.html

your tires are about 24mm too tall. Almost an inch. Stock Alfetta
tires are 185/70-14. Put that in the current size and the calculator
gives you many wheel and tire sizes. 215 width may be OK if you
decrease your aspect ratio to 55 or 50. I just got some 15x7 ATS
wheels for my Alfetta and I'm going with 205/55 or 205/50. My 14x6
wheels now have 195/65-14, which is very close to stock diameter.

Stefano
Oakland, CA

PS. Set the Error to 5 mph or you won't even see your tire show up
on the calculator.