RE: Alfetta GT Tire Size Survey

John Holliday <fprodget@domain.elided> wrote:
> I am curious to have some tire size suggestions for my
> Alfetta GT. My car has 15 by 7 Ronal wheels. The tires
> on rear are 215/60 s and rub the fender lip as the car
> starts out. I am going to get new tires soon, so what
> size tires and wheels are people using on their
> alfetta gt's or I guess GTV6's

I have 205/55  on 15x6.5 inch wheels (Falken GRB).
I think I'll go a touch lower profile as these
rub the front spoiler lip just a fraction.  The offset
on these wheels means that the track of the car is a bit
wider than stock too, which isn't helping with the
rubbing.

I think I'll try a 205/50 next time and not worry so much
about the gearing effects (the 205/55 was as close as I
could get to the height of the original 185/70-14 tyres).

dave.