re: MIG and electronics

OK a big caveat because I have only done MIG on steel for art purposes,
on things no bigger than a breadbox, never on cars. But the work has
also been on a honkin' big steel table, so the physics are similar.

But that said, I'd disconnect everything important in the wiring diagram
-- anything that can create a circuit, just in case. Presumably the
welder will be clamping the ground as close to the arc location as
possible, but anything that is in the path (between the working area
and th eground) could theoretically get a shot of electrons. And the
surrounding metal surface will get hot.

If I had a choice, I'd remove the part and have it welded off the car.
Inquiring minds want to know... What are you doing? ? ? &:-)

Tess