re: MIG and electronics

Tess asked..

>If I had a choice, I'd remove the part and have it welded off the car.
>Inquiring minds want to know... What are you doing? ? ? &:-)

Nothing at all exciting or major, just replacing a rusty corner by the LR
side window/B pillar of the Uno Turbo I bought. At least finding a
replacement section was easier and cheaper than for the GTV - walk into a
local wrecker with a hacksaw, and come back out with a free piece of steel
that's exactly the right shape.

Removing the part that it is being welded to is not an easy option.... :-))

But at least it is at a more comfortable position to access than the last
bit I did which was under the front of the GTV (radiator crossmember front
antiroll bar mounts etc). The Uno steel is much thinner though, creating its
own challenges for an unskilled welder like me!

Still puzzled about what to do re electronics, people seem to have quite
different views. Which may well mean that is doesn't matter too much...
better safe than sorry though.

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand.

1973 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce