164 Fuel Rail Zinc Plating

Hi all,
I have access to some free zinc plating, and would like to replate the
fuel rails on both my 164s. Does anyone have any experience doing this and
can offer some suggestions?
Not sure what it is called: there is a valve that is for the fuel return
that is connected to the intake plenum. I would assume that you cannot
zinc plate that thing without damaging the diaphragm inside - or can you?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Karl
'91 164L