105 GTV Trunk Weatherstripping

In AD8-0262 Lawrence Gowin asks about 105 GTV trunk weatherstripping:

 "For the trunk/boot seal, what years of GTV used weatherstripping on the body
on what years had the weatherstripping on the boot lid?  It may be a silly
question to ask which 'year' Alfa did something, as production differences
were common within a single model year.  Currently I have a gasket on the
body, but it is a bit large and it can fold out in some places when the lid is
closed, meaning rubber is visible between the lid and the body.  It doesn't
look that good, and exhaust finds its way into the cabin at speed with a
window down.  Also, did the sheet metal change?  I've seen a tech article on
one of the club websites describing how to seal the trunk better, but it used
a gasket on the boot lid. I would try to find a new one if available, but NOS
would still be 15-20 years old."

 Centerline lists seal-on-trunk-lid 1965-1969 for about 1/3 more $ than
seal-on-body 1971-1974; the proper 1600 coupe part book shows weatherstrip on
lid, p.n.105.02.56.119.00 for GT/GTV/GTA, the Catalogo Rapido shows
weatherstrip on body, p.n. 105.44.56.119.00 (a 1750 coupe part number) for all
1300/1600/1750/2000 coupes, ergo a standard AR-sanctioned retrofit in 1974.
The sheet-metal is the same. Probably both work well when not thirty years old
and perished; the weatherstrip on body would be kinder to both the stuff going
in and out of the trunk and to the paint; I would tend to save the $10 and go
that way anyhow unless somebody had compelling testimony that the earlier
on-lid type was really better. YMMV.

 There are many generic weatherstrips as well as many specific ones intended
for similar applications on other cars; some would be quite suitable, others
could account for the misfit noted. The J.C. Whitney catalog lists many and
offers samples for most. They don't seem to offer appreciable economies over
the Alfa aftermarket suppliers, but can be a useful alternate resource.

 Good luck

 John H.

Raleigh, N.C.