re: : 105/115 GTV Trunk Weatherstripping

I believe that in addition to the difference between the
seal on the body and the seal on the lid, there are also two
different versions of the seal on the body (making a total
of 3 seals).  I don't know the timing of the switch, but it
can make a big difference.  When I got my '74 GTV I replaced
the leaking seal (on the body), and the new one was too
thick.  I had to put shims under the hinges and the latch to
even get the trunk to close.  It got better over time, but
never was really right.  I eventually got a "thin version"
GTV body trunk seal (from Highwood, I think), and proper fit
was restored (with no shims).  If you've got the seal on the
body, it's probably meant to be there, but might be the
wrong version.

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'74 2000 GT Veloce