Spin-on oil filters on alloy 4s

With regard to the present thread on differences between US and Euro alloy
4s and their oil filters I don't claim to be an expert - not even in an
empirical sense.

My 1975 GT 1600 Junior (Euro-centric as can be) was at some point in its
life 'M'd with a 1750 engine. This engine has a spin-on oil filter but I
have no idea as to the number of bolts affixing the flywheel to the crank -
yet - I plan to find out after X-mas as the refurbishment continues.

So now I'm wondering whether this fact can shed some light on the age of
this engine (if not on when it was transplanted to my car) since, if I'm
reading things right, the 1750 did in fact not have a spin-on filter for
most of its production life.

So did this engine come out of a later Super or perhaps an Alfetta (I
suspect not since it would lack the pilot bushing in the crank and be a 1.8
rather than a 1750 no?).

At least this enquiering mind would like to know.

Regards

Jacob Haagerup,
Rotterdam, Nederland, SCARB
'75 GT 1600 Junior 'M' (hybernating while being massaged - wish it were me)