more wagons

I'm quite new on the digest, so I'm learning how to
answer. John, correctly, sent to the digest part of my
e-mail. Sorry because I answer step - by - step but
I'm actually at work, so I can write when I've free
time (some minutes). I hd the time to phone to my
friend in Pero, near Arese, near Alfa factory, he own
an Alfa old workshop, and as I remembered he own a
Giulia Wagon Colli with the appearel of the "nuova
Super" (1974 - 1977). The story of this car is
interesting: it isn't, as instead are others, a true
Nuova Super. It was built in 1968 on the base of the
Giulia Super 1600, and then, in 1971, equipped with
the 2000 cc. engine. This car was sold new to the
"Polizia Stradale" (as the Highway Patrol); quite all
the Giulia Wagon were built to the Police. Suddendly
was sold, as 2000, to the ACI (as the German ADAC,
it's the "Automobile Club d'Italia" and offer services
especially in motorways, when you have a problem with
your car), as happened to quite all the Wagon: first
owner the Police, then the ACI (and quite all are
2000) then..... eh eh, then sold to everyone could be
interested in buying. Many Alfa workshops bought them
when ending the ACI service. As my friend's car. Then
it was wrecked and rebuilt with the front appearance
of the Nuova Super.

But were built also wagon new based on the Nuova
Super! Infact there are several Nuova Super wagon
equipped with the Diesel Perkins 1800 cc. engine. It
was fitted on the Giulia sedan from 1976, so we can
suppose that some Giulia Wagons were truly built in
1974-75-76, using some kits built by Colli before. The
Giulia Wagons were, infact, built as normal sedan
without the rear hood and the rear glass, suddendly
sent to Colli were the roof were cut and were rebuilt
the typical rear hood. So all the Wagons exit from
Arese as incomplete sedans and suddendly cut. (Excuse
my english!).

It was as happened to the Giulietta promiscua built by
the same Colli and the Giulietta giardiniera built in
few units by Boneschi.

About the Alfa 90 SW built by Marazzi, coachbuilder
known especially for the 33 ('70s, not the new
alfasud), some pics shown on the site of Tony Lupton
are mine, taken from a 1985 issue of Autocapital.
Actually, as written in the article, the car has
different front seat.

Regards

Leo