Re: Let's assume I'm not a complete moron-for a minute

Hi all,

The possibility of the engine being run backwards can be ruled out. As for
the truing, I have to call the shop and find out. I doubt they had to be
trued, because the only problem with them were the valve seals, I did a
complete rebuild (valve job) on both banks, no performance mods :(.
If anybody could tell me whether faulty springs could cause my problem to
occur, or not, because with the head on the bench, on its side, it was
difficult to rotate the cam, much force needed, and it would jump once it
went past the lobe, with such force, that the jittery cambelt ingenuation,
hoofprints courtesy of some FIAT newnose back in '87, perhaps,  would
definitely be overwhelmed, as was I turning it with  a 5/8" drive socket on
the bench, and had a hard time holding it once it went past the lobe.

Off course I love FIAT, too. Though I certainly believe the notion of an
externally driven oilpump, by belt, might punctuate the 911/996 vs Alfa
debate rather compellingly.

Hey, I just want my Alfonso back on the road.

Off in my Vanagon Camper...

--
Matthias Kuster L.A., CA
1991 164LMan "Alfonso"