Re: 105 gtv hood release cable...

All,
Many thanks to the kind souls who replied with helpful methods for the
broken hood release cable quandary.
The method i ended up using was to go in through the fog lights, snake a
couple of short extensions fitted together by a u-joint up through the
opening and attack the 13 mm bolts that fix the hood to the brackets.
Easy (relatively) on the passenger side. On the driver's side, the air horns
are in the way. I ended up bending the air horn support bracket to get
access to the air horn mounting nuts, and then, using a little mirror on a
telescoping handle to see where to aim the extension/u-joint assembly, was
able to repeat the procedure. Sproing!!! the hood pops up in front.
Then, there's enough clearance to reach in with a 10mm box end and release
the 4 bolts which hold the hood latch mounting plate to the hood.
Clean and lubricate, re-assemble. Many hours later, we're out blasting down
a little high desert mountain road. Funny, feels twitchy and loose after
driving the fully shankle-ized and neoprene-bushed alfetta gtv for a few
days.
I guess it's time to re-do all the suspension bushings...
Where would we be without the digest?
Thanks again,
Andres (big grin) Yver
Santa Fe, NM