RE: 105 GTV hood release cable...

I had my cable come loose at the latch last year. My approach was to go in
through the headlights. Remove both headlights and you can get at the hinges.
Fortunately I had already moved the battery to the trunk giving me more
working room on that side. Once the hinges were off with the help of another
digester, Steve Schaeffer, I was able to lift the hood enough to get at the
hood latch and also remove that. All this done with great care as she had new
paint less that 6 months earlier. Work carefully and you'll be successful.
Later I tried to fashion an emergency fishline release but the latch spring is
so stiff I gave up on the idea. You'll feel a bit like Houdini when you
finally succeed at getting in.

Emmo