RE: 105 GTV hood release cable...

This was one of the first problems I had with my '71 GT Junior.  Thanks
to some advice from a couple of Digesti I opted to go in from the front
rather than up from underneath, although Bob's approach sounds possibly
easier.  Anyway ...

If you remove the front grilles you can just about reach the bolt heads
on the bonnet (hood) hinges.  Undo these, being careful not to let the
bonnet (hood) spring up and hit you, and you can swivel it enough to
disengage the latch.  On my single-headlamp car I had to remove the
horns to get enough room; I'm told that on twin-headlamp cars it's even
fiddlier.

HTH

James