Milano Gear Box Lube

Tim Mills Wrote:
"I have been told the Redline MTL lube will not work well in the Alfa Milano
because there is too much lubricity for the synchros."

The point about Redline being too slippery for the synchros may be true, but
the MTL is the wrong lube for a Milano transaxle - Redline recommends there
75W/90NS or 75W/90 for this application, depending on whether your transaxle
has a limited slip. I had the 75W/90NS in my car for years and I was never
really satisfied with the shift feel. I recently switched to Kendall
(non-synthetic) 80W/140 and it so far it's an improvement. Rex Chalmers
echoed your sentiment regarding synthetics being too slick for the synchros
when recommending the Kendall.

Joe Cabibbo
'72 GT Veloce 2000
'89 Milano