Re: alfa-digest V8 #224

In a message dated 11/13/2001 11:53:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Speedo sending unit wanted

Please don't ever put a car in gear while running when its on jack stands.
Even though it may seem to be solid on the stands, the vibrations from the
engine or tires will make it move on the stands.  Just chuck the cable or
sending unit up to a cordless drill.  I had been told that the Milano speedo
sender could not be repaired. WRONG! It can be repaired. My brother and I
opened up mine and cleaned the oil out of it, tested it, resoldered 1
connection, and recrimped the unit back together. Works fine. Never say
never!
Tim Timko
88 Milano Platinum