Re: Importing Alfas to the US

Hi,

What if I want to import a really good condition Alfa 75 3.0 QV from
europe. Why you may ask? Because I was told the engine is a QV (S)
engine (10:1 pistons, S cams, motronic EFI), euro lights, Recaros, and
it has a 3.73 differential. My perfect daily driver! I don't have to
upgrade anything (hmm...) ... I mean for a daily driver it's perfect,
all done up by the factory. Do you think I can import a late 1992 75
3.0 QV with cat from Germany? It has US bumpers, we can lie about the
euro lights... I want a nice 75 and I really don't wanna mess around
with it. I have my blue steetracer for that.

Yes I can get a Verde here, but why would I want to? First of all the
youngest ones are from 1989, they only have 9.5:1 pistons, oh and that
terribly long 3.54 gearbox.

I'm enjoying my Milano 3.0 Gold now with S-cams, exhaust, suspension,
DTM wheels and Falken Azenis 215/45/16 tires (!!!) , but I'd like a
mint Verde with QV features. Instead of having to pay a premium for a
good Verde and then upgrade, why not just get a good 75 3.0 QV from
europe? No messing around and all the features are there right from the
start. Just like it was supposed to be, God bless those Alfa engineers!
8-) Well.... actually maybe I'll change the intake runners to 164
runners 8-))... the 164 runners are 1/8" bigger than the Milano/GTV6
runners. Instead of grinding the runners to make it bigger, just go
with 164 intake runners and plenum.

What do y'all think? No I don't want a 164 unless it's a QV 24V (cannot
afford one yet). I'm also a little too attached to the 75/Milano.

Zamani
'87 Milano Quadrifoglio Oro 3.0 with goodies
'92 75 3.0 Quadrifoglio Verde ??? will it happen??
Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com