Alfa chips

In the latest issue of Auto Italia, received today (Oct. 01), there is an ad
from Autodelta in the U.K. for performance chips for many Alfa's.  It lists
chips for , among others the 75 3.0 QV and the 164 3.0 12v.  It states that
chips for pre-,98 models can be mailed out and claims an 8-10HP gain and a
highter rev limit.

I always though the computer in my '89 Milano Verde could not be modified
with a chip change abd would have to be modified by Alfa Heaven, Fred D or
Jonathan Kirstein and sent back.  So what's the story?  If the chip's can be
swapped in the field, that sure would make it easier and would end any
worries about passing emissions inspection as I could always swap the
original chip back in for inspection purposes.

comments, anyone?

Tony Brucia
Long Island, NY