Re: Halloween weirdness

Esteemed Digesti,
My much beloved spider has recently been demonstrating what I suspect to be
fuel starvation. The car starts fine, runs strong for a half-minute or so,
then falters under applied throttle. The engine then progressively loses the
ability to maintain itself above an idle if any throttle is applied at all.
It has a retrofit 1750 motor, recently rebuilt webers. I changed the fuel
filter, fuel pump, ignition module. Reconnected a hose to the downstream side
of the fuel pressure regulator, ran the pump, adusted the pressure to check
flow rate...this seemed okay. Did not run the fuel pump very long, however.

Has anyone experienced fuel tank debris that caused intermittant obstruction
to the gas line aperature? There was no observable particulate in the old
filter. I am at my wit's end and would really really appreciate some input.

Thank you all.

Greg Modelle, Somers Point