Re: Torsion bars v coil overs

Hi All,

Thank you for the responses.

On the topic of lower unsprung weight of the torsion bars, the extra
coil spring per-shock abosrber at the front will only add about 4 lbs
(if that) to the weight of the car. I'm not sure if that will really
mean much. THe springs I'm interested in are only 4" free length with
an inner diameter of 1.875". The coilover conversion kit is made by
Carrera Shocks. THe threaded bodies cost $85/pr and the springs another
$100/pr. I think the only labor that is involved is welding the
threaded body to the shock. After that, I can pretty much do it on my
own.

Flexing won't be much of an issue. The car is already flexing, and
adding springs with a low rate of 75 lbs/in won't really be puttin
gmuch force on it. I think my current Bilsteins have a higher compress
rate than 75lbs/in. I plan to use AVO shocks for the fronts and rear.

Zamani
http://personals.yahoo.com