Milano/75 center cross member (under the car)

Hi,

Ok more crazy ideas. I'm using a 2.5" exhaust system with a single 2.5"
exhaust pipe. So the problem is the center crossmember makes it
impossible for me to get a better ground clearence. I was thinking of
having a custom center crossmember fabricated from thicker gauges steel
and also make provision for more exhaust clearence. I think this will
help to stiffen the chassis as well. What do you guys think?

My only apprehensions are that if I make it too stiff, it will start
ripping apart other stuff, case in point, the shankle front sway bars
(rips off the stock sway bar mounts) and the shankle rear sway bars
(potentially will destroy the stock endlinks).

Zamani
'87 75 3.0
http://personals.yahoo.com