Re: Porsche 911, NAC

<<What about the Fiat 600 based Abarths? If you include all types of racing,all displacements, all body styles (rules as set forth above), I think the 911 will find itself beaten.

Mike in Hempstead, TX>>

Hey Mike--
The 911's race record in all catagories beats the Abarth's by a very large substantial number when one considers the records of FIA, SCCA, IMSA and other sanctioning bodies and all of their classes for the last three decades. 35 years of continuous competition and almost mass production makes it very, very improbable that a limited production machine, even one as potent as the Abarth, would have a chance at meeting the 911's record. The number of 911 victories is in the hundreds, and by a multiple. It's a matter of record, fortunately or unfortunately, as having the little Abarth hold that record would be kind of fun, I think.
Cheers,
Paul Mitchell