re: Monosleeve Liners?

OOH!!   OOH!!  (he said raising his hand wildly)

Can I try?! (Knowing full well that others will beat me to it:(

When all of the cylinders are "tied together" as a unit, you have a
monosleeve.  With all of them together (welded or brazed?) the resulting
structure is much stronger and less prone to vibration and movement,
than the four separate cylinder sleeves held in place by the torque of
the head bolts.

Am I right?

Do I wind a prize?

Oh.  I thought not.

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal
76 Alfetta GT - without a mono- anything to call it's own (sniff...)

Not that I'm planning any wild mod's to my cars but what are monosleeve
liners? I would guess that they're milled from a solid block and the
standard liners are made from a curved piece of steel with a seam.

Mitch Wolberg,