Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:22:19 -0400
From: "brad artigue" <brad_artigue@domain.elided>
Subject: bucking bronco spider

Hi,

My 82 Spider has a tendency to "buck" or "surge" under anything but
light 1st
gear acceleration.  I have replaced the engine mounts but not the
transmission
mount.  Could the tranny mount be causing this?   It does not occur in
other
gears.

On the good side of things, I passed emissions today with flying
colors!  As
my wife and are likely moving to California, I checked my numbers
against
their minimums and would pass there as well.  I'm very excited
considering
this car has the original convertor and o2 sensor (o2 sensor to be
replaced as
it's 106k old!).

thanks in advance,

Brad