RE: Monosleeve Liners?

> When all of the cylinders are "tied together" as a unit, you have a
> monosleeve.  With all of them together (welded or brazed?) the resulting
> structure is much stronger and less prone to vibration and movement,
> than the four separate cylinder sleeves held in place by the torque of
> the head bolts.

No input on the construction of the liners (I think Greg Herman covered
that), but I think the main reason for the monosleeve is that it allows for
a larger bore.

If the liners are separate, then between cylinders you have two thinner
walls (one for each liner).  With the monosleeve, you've got one thicker
liner wall between cylinders.

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

bs