Alfa vs. Porsche

Pat & Everyone -
I thought long and hard about a  Bertone GTV vs a similar vintage 911 when I
decided it was time to get a real sports car. Although these comments relate
to my thoughts about the older cars, some of this may help:

1) 911s are much more expensive to buy and maintain. ( a 911 engine rebuild
can cost more than an entire running GTV )
2) I had been driving air-cooled VWs for years at that point and decided to
switch to a "water pumper" as the old time VW guys call all other cars.
3) I sat in a restored '73 911 and I felt like I was sitting in a VW.
4) The Alfas are much prettier. 911s are kind of plain looking in my
opinion.
5) Alfa people tend to be much friendlier and much less snotty ( in my
opinion!)
6) Last, but not least, Alfas are far cooler, neater machines

A little biased in CT,
Rich M
72 GTV & loving every minute, broken or not