Re:911 or GTV6

"I recently bought a gtv6 that is in need of much repair, (but still runs!)
for about $1000. I bought this car for my wife so that she could , one day
share in the sheer pleasure that I have driving my spider around. I know
that the two are completely different beast's but I enjoy the one just as
much as the other. Her dream car is a 911 Porsche with a whale tail , but
she also saw a gtv6 in Switzerland a few years back that she thought was
really cool. I am at the point of putting several thousands of dollars into
this baby and I need to convince her that this will outdo a 911 in looks and
performance. I of course, am very biased and where could I possibly find a
running 911 for $1000? So , considering my limited budget and all other
things considered, was this statement a complete untruth or could a properly
revitalized gtv6 outrun and out look a 911?"

Pat,

A $1000 GTV6 will outrun a $1000 911 any day and probably look better too.
In all seriousness, the 911 is very fast and reliable, but the cost of
getting into a decent running 911 will get you into the nicest GTV6s.  If
cost is a serious issue, then there really isn't a discussion, the GTV6 is
the car to have.  A better way to look at it is from the uniqueness
standpoint.  There's 911s everywhere, but how often do you see GTV6s?  Also,
the whale tail while functional is a bit of an eyesore in my humble opinion.

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV

Lawrence Gowin