RE: 911 or gtv6

> I recently bought a gtv6 that is in need of much repair, (but still runs!)
> for about $1000. I bought this car for my wife so that she could , one day
> share in the sheer pleasure that I have driving my spider around. I know
> that the two are completely different beast's but I enjoy the one just as
> much as the other. Her dream car is a 911 Porsche with a whale tail , but
> she also saw a gtv6 in Switzerland a few years back that she thought was
> really cool. I am at the point of putting several thousands of dollars
into
> this baby and I need to convince her that this will outdo a 911 in looks
and
> performance . I of course, am very biased and where could I possibly find
> running 911 for $1000? So , considering my limited budget and all other
> things considered, was this statement a complete untruth or could a
properly
> revitalized gtv6 outrun and out look a 911? I welcome all of your equally
> biased opinions (just kidding).

A $2000 GTV6 will outperform a $2000 911.  A $2000 911 will cost a *lot*
more to bring up to snuff than a $2000 GTV6.

A stock 911 is a bit faster than a stock GTV6.  The most highly modified
GTV6's I know of will beat most less modified 911's, however 911's equally
modified will go a lot faster.

Looks are subjective.

My .02,

bs