Spider owner scratching his head?????

Alfisti:
I'm still trying to solve the problem that Jim Warren was helping me with a
few weeks ago.  Basically, my Spider will intermittently give me a Check
Engine light at idle.  Also, the car will stall in neutral without proper
application of the accelerator to keep it running.  The car is in "Limp
Home" mode.  Motronic self-diagnosis returns a code of 1221 - Airflow Meter.
Other than the idling, the car drives normally.  The problem persists after
the following attempts at a fix:
1)  New Air-Flow Meter (Resistance values check out with specs.)
2)  Cleaning contacts at AFM plug and a generous application of Stabilant
22.
3)  Bending the contacts in the AFM plug to make certain that they contact
the AFM terminals.
I've given the wiring all the way back to the ECU a visual inspection and it
all looks to be undisturbed.  The actual wires in question are factory
wrapped all the way back, so I'm a little hesitant to cut into that shroud
if you all might have a better recommendation.  The Stabilant will solve the
problem for approximately an hour of driving.  After that, it goes south
again.
Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me.
Rex McInvale
rex.mcinvale@domain.elided
'90 Graduate