Rear Spring Squeak

Thanks to all of you who guided me through my first suspension swap. New
shocks and springs make a tremendous difference on my '88 spider, especially
since my car had the original 14 year old OEM equipment. Initially, I held
off on the rear springs because I could not compress them enough to pull
them out. After receiving some guidance from my mechanic, who explained that
I should unbolt the limit straps, the rears turned out to be far easier than
the fronts. Anyway, the car feels great, but doesn't sound great, as the
rear springs squeak considerably over uneven pavement. One thing I noticed
was that there are no bottom rubber spring pads for rear. Is this normal?
Has anyone has a similar experience with a squeaky rear or will the springs
eventually find there place on the seats with the help of some road grime?
Thanks,
Rob
'88 Spider Quad