Re: ATE ABS Redux

hm.. I am surprised anyone actually like ATE ABS on the milano...

IT offers no feel of any kind.. and gives you a spongy brake pedal because
the amount of braking is depend on how much the pedal travels. Unlike
real brakes you can feel the pads on the rotors.

The lake of failure mode also make it a hard sell for safety concious people
like me....

I for one find the bosch ABS on my LS much less intrusive and works better.

The Old Old ATE ABS on the milano actually locks then release the wheels
relatively slowly and a little abrupt, vs the newer bosche on the LS which
feels relatively smooth.

If they are interchangeable, I'd dump the ATE and retrofit with Bosch...
at least Bosch did that part right... i don't want to go into the 164LS
LCD control center... which's a bosch junk.

jess
88 verde
95 LS