Re: Blowing white smoke

Jason,  I had a similar problem that was a leak in the master cylinder.  My
Spider would run fine, then start to choke & sputter, cough out white smoke,
then run fine again.  The master cylinder seal was leaking into the booster
and the fluid was being sucked into the throttle body.
It should be fairly easy to determine if this is the same situation.  Stick
the end of something absorbent  i.e. paper towel into the hole on the
booster.  If it comes out wet, the booster is full of brake fluid.  A
turkey-baster or battery fluid testers work pretty well for sucking the
fluid out, but make sure to change the seals soon