Blowing white smoke

My 1974 Spider has had a problem blowing a cloud of white smoke (when I'm
not trying to evade the authorities).  It seems to happen on engine
deceleration.  I've also noticed that the rear circuit of the brake resevoir
has needed topped up from time to time.  The vacuum hose to the booster also
has some wetness inside of it.  So it appears that brake fluid is entering
the engine.  My question is what component is actually the problem.  Is the
brake booster leaking or are the seals in the master cylinder gone?  I guess
that I am not familiar enough with the booster function to make any
distinction.  Any help is appreciated.

Jason Ritchie
74 Spider
Boise, Idaho