From: "John Katos" <john_katos@domain.elided>
To: "Charles Slayman" <Charles.Slayman@domain.elided>, <jessl@domain.elided>
Cc: <alfa@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: 75 driveshaft balancing again
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:45:16 -0500

I would check three items for alignment/wear. First is the splined shaft at
the bell housing. Loosen the locking bolt let the engine idle for a minute
and tighten. Two, check the all three of the motor mounts for wear,
especially the bell housing mount. Three loosen the exhaust pipe from the
manifold rock the engine up and down and retighten. I had a terrible
vibration once from tightening the exhaust from the motor on back, I was
pushing the tail of the bell housing up when I hung the cat on back.

John Katos
West Dundee, IL USA