Re: Loss of Alfa Parts Supplier

I guess we have to face the facts. Even the newest Alfa models here
(USA) are old story everywhere else in the world. I've sourced a lot of
my parts from Europe. If I can get SZ headers for 10% more (from
UK)than IAP V6 headers, why not? I'm buying my TS bumpers from UK, and
I'm being more resourceful/creative in my parts replacements. i.e. for
exhaust parts, my car has a custom built system which fits, flow, sound
and looks better than stock.

I think we, especially those in the USA, using pre-164 model Alfas,
must face the fact that it's not going to be easy get parts for our
cars anymore. The market is shrinking, and even if Alfa were still
here, I doubt if they would still be supplying parts for a 1984 Spider.
But it's great to have suppliers like Alfa Bill, he can get you
anything! I bet you he doesn't make much on those bushings or euro
wheels, but he's doing it because he's an Alfa enthusiast and he's
trying to support the Alfa people in the US. In fact I think even some
people in europe are turning to him for urethane bushings for their
Alfa 75s/GTV6s.

Zamani
http://personals.yahoo.com