New Spider book

In #108 Andrew Watry asks about the new 105 /115 Spider book by Chris
Rees.

*********

Chris wrote to the Digest well over a year ago, looking for specific
Alfa Spiders to photograph and include in the book. I contacted him (in
England) and volunteered a client's '69 Round-Tail. Last December the
photographer, James Mann flew over and photographed the car. His next
stop was up the (West) coast to photograph a ??.

James, was (and am sure he still is) a very nice chap and certainly
appeared to know what photographs were required and how to get them done
correctly and quickly.

His interest was first to photograph the entire car, then to complete a
series of detail shots which will outline the differences between the US
and all other (primarily European) versions. Obviously not a clue what
shots will be actually used.

I was told I'd receive a copy, but it hasn't arrived yet. Just to let
you know, the clients of the Round-Tail are Very Private people so I
specified their names not be used. Must admit I did mention I wouldn't
be upset should Biba Restorations be mentioned. Hey! So sue me for being
a bit opportunistic.

I suspect it will not be 'an art book', but should be most informative,
especially for those restoring a car which was made for a continent /
country other than their own.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA