RE: Alfa Towing

> My son and I hope to complete the purchase of a 1973 Spider this next
> weekend that will become the project car my son has been asking for.  My
> plan is to tow it with a U-Haul tow dolly (2 wheels on and 2 wheels off).
> Does anyone know of any reason not to tow the rear wheels on the road?
The
> car has been driven recently so I'm under the impression that the wheels
do
> indeed turn!  I'll be driving from Tenn. to Penn. the weekend of Oct. 6 so
> if you see me on the road give me a few beeps of encouragement.  I may
need
> them.  By the way if anyone has bumpers, sun visors and/or a center
console
> for a 1973 Spider let me know.  There needed and I thinks my son may have
> some money left (I don't).

If you tow with the front wheels on the ground and the rear wheels raised,
you run the risk of whacking the sump.

Better to tow with the front on the dolly, however if you're towing more
than 100 miles I believe it's recommended to disconnect the drive shaft (so
as to not toast the transmission).

HTH,

bs