RE: Milano Tow Car Questions

> 1.    I would like to use an '87 Milano Gold to tow a small camper
(pop-top)
> trailer...and maybe a sometime track Alfetta GT (on a dolly or maybe a
> lightweight open trailer).  Has anybody got any experience doing that sort
> of thing?
>
> 2.    Where would I go to find a good trailer hitch for a Milano?  Do I
need
> an oil cooler, a better radiator, etc.?  Who might I trust to install the
> hitch?

There is a factory hitch for the Milano.  Every once in a while they show up
used (I sold one a while back), you might try APE.  The hitch is real nice,
very beefy.  There are plates and a large bracket that go inside the trunk,
the main hitch is through bolted to the plates.

Installation is pretty straight forward, you need to drill a few holes but
with the factory hitch there's really only one way it can go.  My only
recommendation is to work your way from the outside to the middle on the
large bracket that goes across the inner rear part of the trunk, because if
you start in the middle you might not be able to fit the last bolts on
either end.

I believe the factory tow rating for the Milano is 3500 lbs, so with an
Alfetta GT you want a very light trailer (and you're still going to be near
the limit).

A small camper should be no problem.

I've never done the roof rack thing..

HTH,