RE: GTV6 fuel leak

> I have, what appears to be a steady drip fuel leak coming from rear right
side
> of 82 GTV6.  I beleive this to be the fuel pump leaking.  Any thoughts and
> insight on this type of leak?

The fuel pump and fuel filter are in that area.  The fuel lines do a couple
of 180 deg turns as well, and are prone to cracking after many years (and
many filter changes).

My guess is that you've got a cracked fuel line.  If so, I'd recommend
changing all of them, I think you need 5-6 feet of high pressure fuel line
to do everything (can't remember if it was 7mm or 8mm).

You may find that the fuel line is broken right where it goes in (or comes
out) of the filter.  If so, in a pinch, you may be able to cut the line
where it's broken and attach the shortened end to the filter (you can then
use the piece you cut off to hand to the parts counter guy when you go to
order new line).  If this is the case, I'd still replace all the lines, it's
only a matter of time before it cracks somewhere else.

HTH,

bs