Milano dash vent cable

I need help!  The cable controling the ventilation exits from the dash
(ie the left dial in the control panel) is jammed.  Obviously something
has the the flappers  in the vents frozen.  I'm trying to figure out how
to fix the problem.  It seems that to get to the flapper end of the
cable the entire dash has to come out??  If there is another way to fix
it, or if someone can give me some help on getting all the panels out so
they'll go back, I'd appreciate it.  This seems to be the reason the PO
didn't fix it!!

Thanks,

George Loeb

'71 GTV (almost finished)