Re: First 156GTA goes to Japan

----- Original Message -----
From: "G.J." <quentemy01@domain.elided>
THE FIRST ALFA 156 GTA WILL GO TO JAPAN
The highest bid for the Alfa GTA "number 0001" was made by Tadashi Sengoku,
Japanese doctor aged 44 who lives in Tokyo. He is already the owner of two
other Alfa Romeos (an Alfa 164 Q4 and an Alfa Spider) and is a real fan of
Italy. In fact he wrote to the Company in perfect Italian, "It is a great
honour for me to have the privilege of purchasing the first Alfa 156 GTA in
the Internet auction. I am also most happy to contribute to a fund to
finance
scientific research into a cure for muscular dystrophy and other hereditary
diseases."<snip>
 A model with a sporting, aerodynamic line, extra large bumpers and
 pronounced wings, exclusive alloy wheels and a newly designed
engine: the 250 bhp, 3.2 V6 24 valve. But also new suspension geometry and
settings, a more powerful braking system, more direct steering and new
manual
and Selespeed gearboxes developed from Formula 1 technology. In short, a car
that truly represents that "state-of-the-art sportiness" which has always
been
the hallmark of Alfa Romeo.
Turin, September 27 2001