RE: seeking daily driver update.

>Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:15:48 -0700
>From: "Glenn Wasserman" <glennwa@domain.elided>
>Subject: RE: seeking daily driver update.
>
>Also I think the GTV-6 requires more tinkering than either the Milano or

Actually, I would think the GTV6 would require *less* tinkering than the
Milano.  The engine and driveline (of the post-84s) are identical
(save for the double disc clutch, if the PO hadn't already replaced
it with a Milano unit) but the GTV6 doesn't have to deal with rear doors
that sometimes stick, ARC center panel that has disco aspirations
and a power steering rack that likes to leak.

The only thing I can think of that would cause the GTV-6 to require more
tinkering is that the median age of a GTV-6 is 18 years while the Milano
is 14 years.  However, between 10 and 20 years old, the maintenance
differences purely due to age are pretty small IMHO.

-Dennis
Sunnyvale, CA
'85 GTV6