Cosmic Blues Again?

Paul wrote:
"I couldn't agree more. But what about orange leather on a Barcelona Chair.
actually have one, and it's fairly hideous, though I'm told a period-correct

special order. It's gotta go, just like your blue leather interior. I agree
that at times there are limits to originality, and palatability can be the
overriding issue."

As the trustee of one of the above-mentioned "blue leather" (actually it's
synthetic material) vehicles, my car resembles that remark. Rather than dye
it or replace the interior, as others have, I've simply embraced its
garishness; also, there has been a certain amount of behavior modification
toward me with lots of positive reinforcement (gleeful driving) linked to
that fine (REALLY just kidding!) color. And in that same spirit, I'm looking
forward to painting the current suedemobile an honest-to-God *fly yellow*,
thus dispelling any possible notions of subtlety. I suppose then I'll be
forced to figure out how I can denote "Screaming Yellow Zonker" on a
personalized license plate....

Jim Barrett
Huntington Beach, CA USA
(Humbly owned by HISSS-'65 AC Cobra, EDDINA-'73 Alfa Spider, EDITORA-'85
Toyota Celica GTS, and NUDPTHS-'89 Volvo wagon)

IKON Transportation