Picking an ancient, and persistent, nit

Charlie Slayman, advising relative newbie Brad Karp, refers to the "rubber
donut (aka guibo - Hey!  Even the BMW guys call it this!)"

 BMW guys may, but when I did (as many of us have, in the first careless
raptures of our enthusiasm) a seriously credentialed lurker sicked PapaFred on
me with a correction and admonition. To that S.C.L. 'guibo' ranks with
Guilietta, Romero, and Alpha. The joints were manufactured by the company
Giubo SpA, founded by the engineer Boschi to make and market his patented
giunti (Italian for 'joints'), thus GIUnti BOschi or giubo. 'Guibo' will live
on, but it will never win points in the grand concours of alfadom. If one can
remember 'Giulietta', 'giubo' shouldn't be much harder.

 Cordially,

John (or Gian) H.