Re:Spider heater valves and more

OK boys and girls -
Can you believe a real technical question from a lurker who usually only
comes out from under his rock to 1) spout tongue-in-cheek bs, 2) regurgitate
wisdom learned from real Alfa gurus or 3) find out what the weather is really
like outside of Seattle.
I've ignored more technical answers that I should have over the past sixteen
months that I have been Spiderless in Seattle, and now I need some of that
wisdom.

1) Why are the dash lights so dim in an '86 Spider?  (I've already checked
the knurled knob knear my right knee.)
2) How much trouble is it to replace the heater valve so I get warm when I
put the "heat" in the "on" position?  (It is September in Seattle, after all,
so fall must be right around the corner.  Autumnal top-down touring requires
heat in these parts.)
3) How much is an '86 Spider with 108K on the clock worth in your part of the
US?
4) What would you do if the AC didn't work?  Replace the cooldown stuff, or
disconnect the power-robber?
5) If the radiator/fan shroud is broken anyway, should I replace it, or just
pull the radiator, install an electric pusher fan, and be happy with the
additional power?
6) Any other suggestions for INEXPENSIVE things I can do to this car to make
it go faster easily?

TIA for your help.  (As always).

Shalom
Gordy Hyde