re: Spider heater valves and more

In AD v8n58, Gordy wrote:

<snip>
5) If the radiator/fan shroud is broken anyway, should I replace it, or just
pull the radiator, install an electric pusher fan, and be happy with the
additional power?
<snip>

Gordy,

WHY is the radiator shroud fan broken? Is this a car with the fan mounted on
the water pump? (I don't know these new fangled automobiles, my Alfas are
from earlier decades.) If it is, best check the engine mounts as they may be
worn and sagging and the fan could be hitting (and breaking) the shroud.
(Sumps get banged REAL easy in this neck o'the woods, BTW.)

If it's NOT a car with the fan and water pump mated, never mind.

Tom
Seattle
'63 Spider
'77 Alfetta GT/GTV/Sprint Veloce

(Note to Tess - you're not completely enthralled with that teutonic sumo
wrestler and  selling Olive Oil to Gordy, are you? I've been away from the
NWARC too long ... I don't know what's going on any more.)